Wicander/Monroe's Geology: Earth in Perspective, 3rd edition, brings geology to life while accommodating your busy lifestyle--and at a value-based price. It provides a complete overview of introductory geology in a succinct, engaging format. Online videos, animations, interactive mapping, and other learning tools further your understanding of physical geology and its relevance to everyday life. The revised text incorporates the latest examples, case studies, and data, including natural disasters, renewable energy, new insight on paleoseismology, sustainability, and updated dating techniques that more accurately identify historic climate change periods. GEO-FOCUS boxes spotlight issues straight from the headlines, and economic and environmental geology topics are integrated throughout.
1. Understanding Earth.
2. Plate Tectonics.
4. Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Igneous Activity.
5. Volcanoes and Volcanism.
6. Weathering, Soil, and Sedimentary Rocks.
7. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks.
8. Earthquakes and Earth's Interior.
9. Deformation, Mountain Building, and the Continents.
10. Mass Wasting.
11. Running Water.
13. Glaciers and Glaciation.
14. The Work of Wind and Deserts.
15. Shorelines and Shoreline Processes.
16. Geologic Time.
17. Earth History.
18. Life History.