Taking an interdisciplinary approach in its coverage of current drug issues, Maisto/Galizio/Connors' DRUG USE AND MISUSE, 9th Edition, weaves historical, social, psychological, cultural, biological and medical perspectives as it emphasizes the idea that a drug's effects depend not only on its properties, but also on the psychological and biological characteristics of its user. Thoroughly updated with the latest research, social trends and legal changes, the new edition includes current survey data on patterns of drug use nationally and internationally as well as recent data from the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality and the National Survey on Drug Use and Health. Timely essays and critical thinking questions help you focus on the real-world application of chapter concepts, while the MindTap digital learning solution equips you with anywhere, anytime study tools.
1. Drug Use and Misuse.
2. Drug Use: Yesterday and Today.
3. Drugs and the Nervous System.
5. Psychopharmacology and New Drug Development.
6. Cocaine, Amphetamines, and Related Stimulants.
13. Psychotherapeutic Medications.
14. Other Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs.
15. Treatment of Substance-Use Disorders.
16. Prevention of Substance Abuse.