David Funder’s masterful writing, his ability to explain important ideas and new research in a compelling way, and the new addition of InQuizitive, Norton’s adaptive quizzing tool, make The Personality Puzzle the best learning tool for students?all at an affordable price. The Eighth Edition includes a new chapter on relationships and work, and new coverage of replication and open science issues
1. The Study of the Person.
Part 1. The Science of Personality: Methods and Assessment.
2. Personality Research Methods.
3. Personality Assessment: Effect Size, Replicability, and Open Science.
Part 2. How People Differ: The Trait Approach.
4. Persons and Situations.
5. Personality Judgment.
6. Traits and Types: The Big Five and Beyond.
7. Personality Stability, Development, and Change.
Part 3. The Mind and the Body: Biological Approaches to Personality.
8. The Anatomy and Physiology of Personality.
9. Genetics and Evolution: The Inheritance of Personality.
Part 4. The Hidden World of the Mind: The Psychoanalytic Approach.
10. Basics of Psychoanalysis.
11. Psychoanalysis after Freud: Neo-Freudians, Object Relations, and Current Research.
Part 5. Experience and Awareness: Humanistic and Cross-Cultural Psychology .
12. Humanistic Psychology, Positive Psychology, and the Science of Happiness.
13. Cultural Variation in Experience, Behavior, and Personality.
Part 6. What Personality Does: Learning, Motivation, Emotion, and the Self.
14. Personality Processes: Learning, Motivation, Emotion, and Thinking.
15. The Self: What You Know about You.
Part 7. Applications of Personality Psychology.
16. Relationships and Business.
17. Mental and Physical Health.
18. What Have We Learned?