Authored by three leading edcators in the disciplines of communication sciences and speech and hearing sciences, speech primer: Physiology, Acoustics, and Perception of Speech has been the premier textbook in the field for over 30 years. It has maintained that status by continual revision and refinement by authors who are committed to providing students with the best possible introduction to speech science. Written in clear, precise language, Speech Science Primer is easy to understand while being comprehensive and current.
You find these great features in the 6th edition:
● Integrated content: Information on acoustics, speech physiology, and speech percep-tion that is integrated to create a unified treatment of speech science.
● Comparative content: An explanation of the normal communication process serves as a basis for comparison with communication disorders.
● Updated content: Material on speech respiration and expanded information on cross-language speech issues.
● Audio illustrations: Indicated in the text with a and available at http://thepoint.lww.com/Raphael6e, the revised and expanded audio illustrations allow the reader to hear the sounds being described in the text.
● New chapter on prosody: The topic of prosody has been broken out into its own chapter: Ch 7, The Production and Acoustics of Prosodic Features.
● Pioneers in Speech Science: A review of selected pioneers in speech science from various aspects of the field is found in chapter 13.